The beauty of packing for a beach vacation is the simplicity of it. Swimsuit, sunglasses, sandals in the suitcase, and you’re pretty much good to go. However, I once travelled to the island of Antigua with a friend who forgot most of the aforementioned items, and instead packed snow boots and sweaters! With that in mind, here’s a handy packing list for your next tropical getaway.
- Swimsuits- Bring at least two so they have time to dry between wears
- T-shirts/tank tops
- A cover-up- Perfect for slipping over your swimsuit before heading in for lunch.
- Nice outfits- Ladies should bring a couple of maxi dresses and gents should pack some collared shirts for dressing up at dinner.
- Walking shoes- To wear on excursions.
- Pashmina/light sweater- That air conditioning can really kick in at night!
- Sunscreen- The shade ‘lobster red’ doesn’t look good on anybody.
- Aloe vera lotion- Because sunburns.
- Bug spray- Because mosquitoes.
- Lip balm
- Medicine- Pack anti-diarrhea and motion sickness pills…just in case.
- Towel- Most resorts provide one for guests to use during the week, but this will be essential if you’re heading to a beach on your own.
- Floatation device- Because floating around in a pool is the best way to get a golden glow, and stay cool!
- Beach bag
- Waterproof camera- Click here for tips on how to keep your camera’s SD card safe, or here to check out the cases that will make your smartphone waterproof.
- Water bottle- To help you sober up from all those margaritas.
- A few good books and magazines
- iPod/iPhone- For drowning out the terrible music at the hotel pool.
Are there any beach essentials you think should be added to the list? Share them in the comments below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
SHARE THE PINSPIRATION!